Local communities have grown to expect more from their physicians and practices. Patients want to improve their overall health; create a strong relationship with their health care provider; expect cost-saving approaches, and to be seen in a timely matter. The Triple Aim covers many needs of patients, but the burdens and stress on health care providers are not well represented. As the Annals of Family Medicine states, “The Triple Aim—enhancing patient experience, improving population health, and reducing costs—is widely accepted as a compass to optimize health system performance.
Physicians and other members of the health care workforce report widespread burnout and dissatisfaction. Burnout is associated with lower patient satisfaction, reduced health outcomes, and it may increase costs. Burnout thus imperils the Triple Aim.”1 By expanding to the Quadruple Aim, there is an additional goal of improving the work life of health care providers, including clinicians and staff. The Quadruple Aim was created to do this to improve health care delivery across the United States and Certintell helps safety-net providers do just that. When providers and physicians are satisfied with their careers, they can provide more efficient care for their patients. The primary way physicians find satisfaction in their work is by delivering quality care.1 Telehealth services enhance the quality of care and can increase both patient and provider satisfaction.
DID YOU KNOW? Physician turnover can cost an organization $250,000 per physician that leaves.1
Keeping physicians content with their positions and reducing burnout can save a health care organization a significant amount of money. Not only does improving physician satisfaction lead to lower costs, it also leads to a stronger ability to meet the triple aim through enhanced patient experiences.
ENHANCE THE PATIENT EXPERIENCE
- Easy-to-use mobile and web-enabled Certintell Telehealth applications allow individuals to receive care at any place and any time
- Care Management Programs that can be enrolled in at the point of care if all eligibility criteria are met
- Chronic Care Management (CCM) focuses on behavior change coaching for Medicare patients with two or more chronic conditions. Certintell offers CCM to allow health care providers to sustain and grow their practice and improve the patient’s overall satisfaction by partaking in their health care.
- Behavioral Health Integration (BHI) is an effective strategy for improving outcomes for the millions of Americans with mental or behavioral health conditions. Certintell’s solutions will instantly allow patients to have access to behavioral health care managers to be virtually connected at the patient’s health center to provide patient-centered care.
- Remote Patient Monitoring (RPM) increases access to care and reduces health care delivery costs by allowing a patient to use a connected medical device to perform a routine test and send their data to a health care professional.
REDUCE PER CAPITA COSTS OF HEALTH CARE
- A telehealth appointment is used to determine if an in-person visit is needed. Providers are even able to connect with patients who don’t always show up for appointments, to improve their overall health outcomes and reduce costs of unnecessary in-person visits
- Unnecessary and expensive hospital visits are reduced drastically by using the Store-and-Forward method that allows a patient to take a photo of their health issue, and immediately send it to a health care provider for clinical evaluation
- Avoiding emergency department visits through telehealth can save more than $1,500 per visit2
IMPROVE POPULATION HEATLH
- Certintell’s solutions will help improve the overall health of patients by providing the necessary services to manage health care at scale
- Our clinical care coaches are trained to handle hundreds of patients per care coach per month
- Remote Patient Monitoring gives care coaches and peer advocates a proactive approach to monitoring critical vitals of populations
- Certintell Care Coaches are a turnkey approach to starting or scaling a care coach program at health centers
IMPROVE PROVIDER SATISFACTION
- 46% of physicians currently report burnout from their jobs due to the disparity between expectations and reality.1
- 31% of physicians believe provider burnout can be reduced by more manageable work hours.3 The convenience of telehealth allows providers to work efficiently by decreasing missed patient appointments. Providers are even able to meet with a patient from their own home, resulting in better flexibility in their work environment and more satisfied providers.
- Having health data prior to seeing the patient can allow the provider to move from diagnosis to treatment more confidently and will overall speed up the treatment plan, satisfying the patient and provider by implementing a care plan and/or adding remote patient monitoring.
- With remote patient monitoring, health providers can work more efficiently because they will be provided data proactively to treat patients possibly before patients sense a health issue
- Providing care through telehealth is much more convenient as patients can be scheduled and booked on the fly, including the ability to have virtual waiting rooms in case appointments are dropped or there’s a no-show
The four aspects of the quadruple aim: Enhance patient experience, Reduce the per capita costs of healthcare, Improve the health of populations overall, and Improve provider satisfaction. All covered by Certintell Care Management and Telehealth solutions.
1 Bodenheimer, T., & Sinsky, C. (2014). From Triple to Quadruple Aim: Care of the Patient Requires Care of the Provider. Ann. Fam. Med., 12(6), 573–576. doi: 10.1370/afm.1713
2 HealthLeaders. (2019, May 09). Cost Savings for Telemedicine Estimated at $19 to $120 per Patient Visit | HealthLeaders Media. Retrieved from https://www.healthleadersmedia.com/clinical-care/cost-savings-telemedicine-estimated-19-120-patient-visit
3 Nearly half of physicians experience burnout. (2019, May 16). Retrieved from https://www.healio.com/internal-medicine/practice-management/news/online/%7B9152dd77-94ed-4c8d-88f9-b68857460f49%7D/nearly-half-of-physicians-experience-burnout